13 Days Uganda’s Rwenzori Tour
If you’re looking for an exciting and fun experience then Rwenzori is the right place for you. Rwenzori has different range of mountains centered in eastern equatorial Africa, located on the border between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The highest peak of the Rwenzori reaches 5,109 metres which makes climbing more fun, and thrilling.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeChildren, Family, Guided Tours, Jungle, Wildlife
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
All about Rwenzori
Uganda’s Rwenzori Mountains have been called the Mountains of the Moon as a result of their unique flora and unearthly beauty. By visiting Rwenzori, you get to see the third hightest mountain in Africa. You don’t want to miss out on the bustling excitment and fun along with thousands of photos you’ll take as you journey towards the mountains.
Rwenzori has fantastic green vegetations with snow covered peaks that makes the mountains look exceptionally beautiful. You’ll also get to see the top six African high glaciers.
One of the many amazing experience you’ll get would be through trekking so that you get to enjoy the cool weather and the beauty of mountains. You don’t need prior climbing experience because you’ll have hands on guides who make your experience peaceful and fun.
There are 6 main Mountain peaks in Rwenzori which includes; Mount Baker, Mount Speke, Mount Stanley, Mount Emim, Mount Gessi, and Mount Luigi di Savoia.
For an additional amazing experience, Rwenzori has an amazing spot for hiking, this can be the climax of your visit to Rwenzori and you certainly don’t want to miss out on it.
Rwenzori has 3 main ethic groups which are, Bamba, Vanoma and Babwiisi who lived together, on the western slopes of Mountain Rwenzori and Semuliki Valley in present day Bundibugyo District, since the time of mass movement of people between the 12th and 16th centuries.
The country is a member of the United Nations, the African Union, and the Commonwealth of Nations.
- 1 day bag (small bag big enough to carry your packed lunch, rain gear, drinking water, and camera)[included]
- 1 sleeping bag [included]
- Sturdy, waterproof hiking boots
- Several pairs of woolen socks
- Trekking trousers
- Warm layers
- Woolen gap, gloves
- A torch/headlamp and batteries
- 1 backpacking backpack (porter will carry)
- 1 pair of jogging shoes
- 1 sun hat
- Handkerchiefs and 1 pair of snow glasses [included]
- Leggings up to the knee (Gaiters)
- Walking sticks [included]
- Photo equipment
- Pocket knife
- Rubber boots/gum boots (for mud)
- First Aid Kit:
- Stomach medicine [included]
- Headache medicine [included]
- 1 elastic bandage, Elastoplasts [included]
- Water purification tablets [included]
- Vitamin C tablets
- Altitude sickness medication
- Sun lotion
- Lip ointment
- For summit climbers.1 ice axe2 harnesses
3 pair of crampons
4 sleeping bag
5 climbing rope
International flights from home back to home.
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour.
Personal items, souvenirs, visas and travel insurance.
Government imposed increase of taxes and /park fees.